Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Monday 8 September 2008

Every journey starts with a single blog post about how you intend to take a step

Baby girl climbing steps
Few things are as painful as the horrible realisation of your true self. All the little personality flaws, all the foibles that your closest friends and family know only too well (and like you too much to point out). In fact the only thing I can think of right now that is MORE horrible than that, is when you have to do something about it.

So here, in the privacy of my own public blog, I've decided to confess to a few of my faults with the express intention of weeding them out of my personality.

ONE.
If there is no drama in my life, I will create some. I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be, with my weekly breakdowns at Soul Cafe where people would need to reassure me about all aspects of my body and personality, but I'm still pretty bad. Take Gavin for example. Occasionally - up to and including this weekend - I'll continue crying at him because it takes a lot more effort to calm down and be rational about things. This is clearly unacceptable.

TWO.
When I say I'll do something, I mean I may or may not and it certainly won't be soon. Despite my many layers of organisation - both an online and physical diary, phone reminders, www.rememberthemilk.com etc. - I still find ways of postponing pretty much everything. This comes down to poor time management; something that I will have to keep very tightly in check when university starts again. If it starts again. Oh God.

THREE.
I must, must, MUST work myself back into sensible sleeping habits. I've seen the wrong side of dawn far too many times in the past week, now being a prime example. If I am to have any hope of catching a worm, ever, I must stop relying on the blackout blind to provide me with an artificial night.

So! You may all bear witness to this pledge to better myself. I shall start tomorrow with a reasonable rising time (i.e. actually in the morning), a healthy breakfast, and a tidying spree.

Why can't I improve myself in a montage? Montages are easy. Rocky got a damn montage.

5 comments:

  1. Woke up at 3pm. Good start :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! Know exactly what you mean. Set the alarm for 10 last night (for me, that'd be early) then switched it off. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Ditto. What fool invented the snooze button anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hours approaching, just give it your best
    You've got to reach your prime.
    That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
    And show us a passage of time,
    We're gonna need a montage (montage)
    Oh it takes a montage (montage)

    Show a lot of things happing at once,
    Remind everyone of what’s going on (what’s going on?)
    And with every shot you show a little improvement
    To show it all would take to long
    That’s called a montage (montage)
    Oh we want montage (montage)

    And anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
    You need a montage (montage)
    Even Rocky had a montage (montage)

    (Montage…montage)

    Anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
    You need a montage (montage)
    Oh it takes a montage (montage)

    Always fade out in a montage,
    If you fade out, it seem like more time
    Has passed in a montage,
    Montage

    <33333333333

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts EXACTLY. I believe montages are a largely untapped resource for people who, like me, would like to get this learning thing sorted as quickly as possible,

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!