Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Monday 21 January 2008

Trains, Aliens, and Nirvana in the bath.

Stupid trains.

I should have been suspicious when every train around us was being delayed and having platform changes, but our faithful little train to Cardiff stayed rock steady... I should have realised then. It was cancelled. And the next train to Cardiff was half an hour late. Grrrr, stupid trains... so I missed the concert we were going to see, which I feel bad about because my boy could have gone but instead he was cooking for me and such.
(Side note: the 'insert picture' button didn't work, so I did that with my newfound knowledge of HTML. That's how badass I am.)

I had so much fun dancing with my boy... I haven't done that since that festival (vaguely referred to here, it was wonderful). There's a lovely picture of us doing the aforementioned here, YAY!

Saturday was similarly awesome, we saw Alien vs. Predator: Requiem which was pretty much new territory for me, but I actually really enjoyed it! (It was my idea, he didn't bully me into it.) Then we went out to a gorgeous Italian restaurant that he's been wanting to show me for ages, which was absolutely amazing (although sushi still wins).

On Sunday, we were both too tired for church in the morning, which was really a shame. Never mind, next time. And he showed me how to do interesting techie things with a nitfy little firefox addon called Firebug. I was surprisingly clued up :) SMUG.

Everything got a bit chaotic towards the end, stupid taxi company sent me two so I thought it was about to drive off without me, meh anyway.

It was about time too, hadn't seen my boy in weeks.

Don't worry, as soon as I start doing other interesting things I'll blog about them as well!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really awesome day, even if the train bit went wrong!

    The insert picture button never seems to work for me either...

    As for Alien vs. Predator, was it any good? I'm skeptical, since I'm a fan of the original Alien and the series seemed to go downhill from there. Turned a bit more actioney and less horror.

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ever saw alien 1 and 2, apparently 3 and 4 were rubbish. It is quite actiony, but there's only so much suspense can be created when everybody knows what everything. No mystery. It was good though, I enjoyed it for what it was, went in without any specific expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I expected. I'm impressed you've seen the original Alien though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought AVP2 was ace! I expect most people and critics will slag it, but it was good fun

    Anna being late gave me time to clean the flat some more and get dinner (almost!) ready so it was timed pretty well to be honest. Another 5 minutes and it would have been perfect, but as it was she turned up as I was getting things out of the oven, lighting candles, wiping surfaces and generally haring around like a mad person muttering. Not the impression I wanted to make but nevermind, I think I covered for myself pretty well!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!