Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Wednesday 1 August 2007

The end of something...

So the gap year is over. To recap for anyone new, I've been doing a year of youth work for a Christian charity on the Isle of Wight... and that's over now.

Now technically it's not entirely the end, there's still Soul Survivor to go yet (and to be honest I'm pretty sure they'll rope me into stuff whenever I'm around!), but officially, this is it. So I'm moving out of my host family's home. I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow... basically, this is me:
INVISBLE EVERYTHING

I know. Whimper.

Luckily though, my impeccable sense of timing has kicked in again. I remember when I left school, some people weren't ready to leave and some had reached their limit months ago... I was just getting fed up of school when it ended. And again, I'm just starting to feel that it's time to move on, and it is! How convenient.

So I'm sat on my bed listening to REM and trying not to be too emo about it all, because as much as I'm going to miss everyone and everything from this year (and I really, really am!), it is time to move on. I know. How wisdomous am I.

If anyone who's known me at all during the past year finds their way to this post, I want to thank you so much for making this experience so incredible. I honestly feel very blessed by the people I've been surrounded with and supported by. So thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!