Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Tuesday 30 January 2007

Boots, boots the chemist

Ok, there's no easy way to say this, so... I've got something I need to tell you all. Something important.

I'm thinking about... well, I guess you could say, I'm thinking of learning how to beatbox.

Now I know this is difficult for you to accept. Some of you have known me for a long time now, and I never gave any indication that I was interested in... beatboxing.

But I am, Ok? I just am! And I'm going to do it whatever you say! Well, unless I give up, forget, or suck at it. But I've thought about it, and realised that learning how to beatbox must be the most embarrassing thing I could possibly do. I'm me, for goodness' sake, if I were any less 'street' I'd be... something that's the opposite of a street. A tree maybe. Or kitten.
A doily! Because doilies are funny and pretty and posh, like me :D (Modest, too. (Me, that is, not doilies (unless dishes and such are rude, in which case (ahh help, I've gone too far in!))))

Anyway, returning from that peculiar little diversion, the main reason I want to learn to beatbox is that I could shock people with my coolivity, because I don't seem like the kind of person who could do that. However, another good reason is that I fear I take myself too seriously. If anything is going to fix that, it'll be trying to beatbox in front of people. Time to get some training in, methinks.

P.S. The post title, Boots, boots the chemist, is in reference to Soul Survivor of '06, when Mike Pilovachi taught us all "beatboxing for dummies". We are forever in his debt.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's an incredibly awesome idea, Anna. :) I'd <3 you more. :P

    Btw, how've ya been? Seems like it's been ages since I last talked to you. :( I miss ya. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been absolutely ages, I dropped by the chat last night but practically no-one was there...

    Well, if you'd love me more, I have to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!