I've been reading The Hunger Games lately, along with half the book geeks in my life, it seems; and there's a part where the protagonist grounds herself in reality by reciting things she knows to be true about herself.
Well, thinking about it, I don't exactly have an About Me any more - not since changing my blog profile to this G+ thing - and since every other bio on the internet wants me to say everything in three lines, that means I can't really take my time over it.
So, I'll do it here. My blog, my rules! Haha!
- My name is Anna Fruen.
- I'm 24.
- I live in Cardiff, but grew up on the Isle of Wight, just off the south coast of England.
- I play the ukulele. Not because I'm good at it, but because it makes me happy.
- I write and perform poetry. Not because I'm good at it, but because I want to be understood.
- I just got a poem published for the first time! It's in this here kindle ebook, which costs only 299 British pennies.
- I'm terrified of the thought of going into space.
- I adore graffiti, and exploring to find it.
- I've recently gotten into urban exploration (wandering around abandoned sites and taking photos until a man with a flashlight asks you nicely to leave).
- I have a degree in English and Creative Writing.
- I don't have a job. I do want a job. Please give me a job.
- Those last two may be more related than I'd like.
- The first time I considered dying my hair purple, my best friends in the world tried to talk me out of it. They tried to steer me towards blonde.
- I still dye my hair purple sometimes.
I don't really know what else to say, other than thank you. The people who read my blog do it, so I'm assured, because they care about me. Even if that's only a little bit true, you care enough to read my words and that means the world. So thank you.
Here is a song I like.