Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Monday 14 May 2012

About me

I've been reading The Hunger Games lately, along with half the book geeks in my life, it seems; and there's a part where the protagonist grounds herself in reality by reciting things she knows to be true about herself.

Well, thinking about it, I don't exactly have an About Me any more - not since changing my blog profile to this G+ thing - and since every other bio on the internet wants me to say everything in three lines, that means I can't really take my time over it.

So, I'll do it here. My blog, my rules! Haha!

About Me


  • My name is Anna Fruen.
  • I'm 24.
  • I live in Cardiff, but grew up on the Isle of Wight, just off the south coast of England.
  • I play the ukulele. Not because I'm good at it, but because it makes me happy.
  • I write and perform poetry. Not because I'm good at it, but because I want to be understood.
  • I just got a poem published for the first time! It's in this here kindle ebook, which costs only 299 British pennies.
  • I'm terrified of the thought of going into space.
  • I adore graffiti, and exploring to find it.
  • I've recently gotten into urban exploration (wandering around abandoned sites and taking photos until a man with a flashlight asks you nicely to leave).
  • I have a degree in English and Creative Writing.
  • I don't have a job. I do want a job. Please give me a job.
  • Those last two may be more related than I'd like.
  • The first time I considered dying my hair purple, my best friends in the world tried to talk me out of it. They tried to steer me towards blonde.
  • I still dye my hair purple sometimes.

I don't really know what else to say, other than thank you. The people who read my blog do it, so I'm assured, because they care about me. Even if that's only a little bit true, you care enough to read my words and that means the world. So thank you.

Here is a song I like.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still around, even if we don't cross paths much these days. Take care Anna.
    And for what it's worth, the purple's good.
    And one day I *will* see you perform ukulele or poetry or both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psssshhhhh I don't care, in fact I never read this blog ever. Except for the bit about people who care reading it, of course.

    Ah, plothole filled.

    -FT

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!