Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Wednesday 1 April 2009

An announcement

I can't express in words how grateful I am to everyone who helped me out with the BlogInterviewer competition. It means more to me than you could possibly know that I've made money from my writing for the first time in my life!

When I started this blog 3 and a half years ago, I envisaged it as little more than a diary; expecting maybe 5 readers, and really not knowing how long I'd keep at it for. One domain name purchase and complete design overhaul later, I can honestly say that Almost Daily Exploits is something I'm truly proud of.

That said, there are limits to what I can achieve in this format; and after a lot of thought, I've decided to take the blog down. I considered just stopping blogging, but I feel like it makes a much stronger statement if I remove it altogether. I dwell on the past too much; I don't really need almost four years of accumulated memories weighing me down.

So, I'm moving onwards to bigger things; and maybe someday soon, you'll see my name in print! Best of luck to you all, and thanks once again for your encouragement and support.

Anna x x

15 comments:

  1. I had to do a double take with this one...but then I saw the two words in your tags below. Ha ha. Can't fool me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sob*
    *laugh*
    You do know it is April Fool's, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank goodness other people commented first coz i totally didn't notice the tags!
    you scared me anna!
    did you really win though???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question! I'm ahead right now, and being as the month of March is officially over, I suppose I did. Although there's been some comments made that perhaps someone's cheated on my behalf, so I'm looking into it. Might have to withdraw if that's the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no :( that sad...i voted every day so if someone cheated then i'll be pretty annoyed!
    although you did jump up a load of voted quite quickly...that would suck if someone ruined it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My initial reaction was: nnnnoooooooooooooooo! Then I realised this isn't like Anna...scrolled down and all was revealed as I read the tags. :D
    What would the world be like with out you blogging Anna?
    *Rhetorical question - don't actually want to imagine that kind of world*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted every (week) day too - hope it all works out...

    (also I nearly fell for it - bah to April Fool's day!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love a good joke! Your post, I mean, of course...The blog is anything but a joke...beautiful! Congrats on your first mercenary venture! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sad when I read your post and am thrilled it April 1. Congrats on winning..i hope all turns out with that. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that it is April fools day. Cause you had me for a minute. I'm glad that you won though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haa. very funny anna. :)
    *gets up off the floor after minor heart attack*
    :) haha

    congrats on the win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are still writing a novel, right? maybe a best of anna.....enjoy the day, jack c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey congratulations Anna. And keep on posting ;^>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha Good job

    ReplyDelete
  15. Scared me then.. I would definataly miss your blog

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!