Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Love?

There are very few people in my life that I would do anything for. There are a few people who ask me out for coffee or whatever. Those two groups never seem to overlap.

One way to put it is that my standards are too high, although I'm not the type to have a check list. I just want to know I've got a connection with somebody. A physical, mental, chemical attraction to them, and them to me.

I don't think that's impossible. I think some people get it. A partner to go through life with, somebody who reminds them every day that they're capable of great things and great love.

I don't know. Some days I believe that that's an option, but never for long before my cynicism stirs from its den and says "It's very improbable, you know." Well, yes, maybe it is. But improbable happens. It does. I've seen it.

From a distance.

I think.

3 comments:

  1. I don't really know how to say this, but I understand. A lot of people I know settle for something less than they deserve or want. They choose 'company' over love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame really, modern society seems absolutely obsessed with the physical aspects of love and pays very little attention to what actually matters. Just walk into Oceana on any given night and you'll get a pretty good sum up of society's views on love...

    I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as you; the people I deeply care about are not the people I'd choose as a romantic partner, and the very few people I'd consider making romantic attachments to always seem to already have someone or aren't interested. Sometimes I think I'm too fussy, but then I give myself a shake and tell myself I'm being daft and there's no real rush. It's not something you can just look for and find.

    And the improbable happens all the time~

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A partner to go through life with, somebody who reminds them every day that they're capable of great things and great love" - this is so true and so hard to find... I have missed reading your blog for sometime and am glad that I came back... you are so insightful for someone so young.

    As I like to say, I will keep looking for that elusive match that was designed just for me. I will keep looking for that stop your heart from bleeding kind of love. You keep looking too... it is out there, I have seen it!

    Sending love from Canada!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!