Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Dear Family:

I can't make it home for Christmas, and maybe for that reason I'm thinking about you guys so much.

Esther, thank you so much for the presents! I've had so many comments on my cute new bag, it's insane. Guys, look:

it is ALL THE COLOURS
HOW CUTE is that? I'm delighted.

Michael, I've been watching your Minecraft Let's Plays with John and I'm really wishing we could hang out, and that you could teach me the basics of that dang game. I know I'm late getting into it. I'm late getting into everything. You remember how long it took me to discover (let alone finish) Portal? Too long.

Judi, it means that world to me that you came up to visit. I had a really great time shopping with you, and I miss y'all a lot less now as a result of that day. Also, I love my badass new reversible skirt (again, CHECK IT).
Look 1...
Look 2! Aww yiss
Naomi, I don't think you read this. You might not even know about it. Maybe it's better this way. But I should tell you that, in my dream last night, you had the most awesome Scottish accent. You were talking to me about how Ran was coping with sharing Michael's bedroom. :|

Mum, in the aforementioned dream, you started a fire in a bin to try to clear your sinuses. Important note: do not do this. It did not end well.

Give my love to Dad; I'll call soon.

I haven't decided yet whether your presents will go ahead of me in the post, or whether they'll come down with me in January. Which means, probably the latter (you know what I'm like). But rest assured I've been thinking of you all, and I hope you have a very special Christmas.

P.S. Uncle Steve, have a very happy birthday! John, Paul, I wanna hang out with you guys soon. Julia, I think you're partially responsible for my life-long love of purple.

P.P.S. Cousins on my dad's side, of which there are many: every time I find out what you've been up to lately, I get all smug because I'm related to awesome people. Keep kicking your various kinds of ass.

P.P.P.S. Nanny, thanks for recognising me even with purple hair. Granddad, thanks for looking after her. I know you won't read this, but I love you both.

3 comments:

  1. I guess your subconscious realised about mine and Ran's love affair - shh, don't tell Nai

    Looking forward to seeing you when the time comes - I'll have looooads of boring work-related anecdotes, like some kind of adult or something. "And Bill said to Janet, no, you go copy that file! Nyah nyah nyah nyah!" "Oh Jeremy, you will positively make me gwaffah if you carry on like that!"

    (While I'm sure I've kept it from coming across in this reply, I'm in a weird tired silly post-work kind of headspace shrink turkey palindrome westwards)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the verge of starting that fire you know, you fun-spoiler!
    lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anna, for this little glimpse into your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!