Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

A thousand words for snow

I opened the door, and was instantly struck with wonder. The street outside was carpeted with soft, clean snow, and it was still falling in dizzy clumps from the odd, heavy sky.

My walk home was wonderful. Some people had ventured out into the beautiful winter; many were playing. What is it about snow that so excites us? that brings out the giddy child, so eager to get our hands on the cold, fresh snow?

How could I ever explain the delight and mystery of that brief walk home... how could I do justice to the fragile, ephemeral blanket of powder that so transformed the city?

Well, they say a picture's worth a thousand words. Perhaps this will explain the heartstopping beauty I encountered.



Stay classy, Cardiff.

3 comments:

  1. i've no idea how snowfall feels, coz never saw, but these feelings i get when it rains !

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLASSY! I am about to go out do a similar thing. But probably without the phallic overtones. :D (Yay for snow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Freudian! Call me a big child if you will but I can't stop laughing when I look at the picture :) Too many jokes...must get them out before head explodes!!! BOOM! Too late.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!