Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Wednesday 13 January 2010

A random memory

Occasionally, a memory completely unrelated to anything surfaces in my mind, and I realise that I never blogged about it.

Here's the thing. You know how in big cities, particularly where there are universities, it's not so unusual to see superman and a cowboy enjoying a pint in the evening? Well back on the Isle of Wight, that wasn't such a common occurrence. Which is why this event stood out so much at the time.

There was a man - probably a man, I couldn't tell. For the sake of argument, let's say 'man' - sat on a bus, upstairs, at the front, and wearing a chicken suit. He had a Sooty and a Sweep puppet on his hands, and was dancing to silent tunes with massive earphones on.



Like this but less aggy.

I was with a friend, (or possibly my sister, I don't remember now), and it made me braver than I would otherwise have been, so when the chicken man made Sweep talk to me - incomprehensible squeaks, for those who didn't have a childhood - I squeaked back. We had a brief and meaningful squeak conversation, and my day was made.


4 comments:

  1. lol :) That's almost unbearably sweet, lovely post. And now back to work with me, Heidegger awaits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for people in chicken suits with Sooty and Sweep glove puppets. They make the world a brighter place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Sooty! Jen has Sweep and Soo.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!