Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Messy canines

Have you ever noticed how "filthy dog", "mucky pup" and "dirty bitch" all have such radically different meanings? So different that to confuse them - calling a chocolaty-faced child a dirty bitch, for example - would be hideously inappropriate? It's at times like this I'm glad English is my first language.

I went around Cathays cemetery with Ross today, both of us carrying our DSLRs and snapping anything that looked good. It was a lot of fun, and although it would be unforgivable to be glad that he's currently unemployed, at least he's a full-time friend now, not just one of those crappy part-time friends! Then we went back to Ross's and edited them. We'll be doing it again soon, probably around Roath Lake (hopefully at sunset, the place is stunning then). Camera and Photoshop club is born.

Jonny's Room
I'd like to remind you all that my Flickr exists, and that lately I've been updating it every few days with things I've very proud of. Please stop by, comment if you can, maybe print one out and put it on the fridge?

8 comments:

  1. Hehe, very amusing imagery, a tourist calling a child a dirty bitch, that's what makes the English language so great. Hehe, dirty bitch.

    I have found your Flickr page and have signed up myself, it's the time of the year when I sign up for accounts then eventually let them die. But hopefully not this time. I now have a tumblr too, huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll be honest, I'm still not entirely sure what Tumblr is for, but hey ho. Flickr is amazing, I'm getting as many people on it as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mucky pup, a filthy dog, and a dirty bitch. In your face, English language!

    And Flickr? Surely there aren't enough vowels for that to be worthwhile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, two weeks to Lost. Excuse my profanity, but fuck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind the vowels, Flickr is amazing. And YAY for Lost!

    Also! Can I watch it with you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what the chuff happened to that bottle of sam megal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course. Since most of the people I discuss it online with get it 4 days before us (the 21st), I'll be downloading it as soon as it's available. So put January 22nd down in your diary. Destiny calls.

    Oh, and could you invite Gav out for my birthday, being that he is face(book)less?

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!