Bear
In need of a redesign since 2011.

Sunday 14 October 2007

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys

Well, you've got to really, haven't you.

Yes, I watched the rugby last night - England vs. the French. I was in the pub with my housemates absolutely loving it!

I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to watching rugby, I'm still learning what everything means and why the ref does what he does (although even the seasoned fans couldn't work him out last night!) and I'm really, really enjoying it!

Although it did leave me with the uncomfortable feeling that I now know what it looks like for a group of men to collectively lay an egg.

For those who don't know, we won, but it was a close-run thing. Between that and the 3-0 victory at the football, I'm starting to feel a warm and tingly sensation that I understand is called "national pride". Or maybe even patriotism. Gosh.

1 comment:

  1. Even I watched the ruggers yesterday, that most girly of sports. I'm starting to get it more, but there are so many fiddely rule and things, I just don't get it whatsoever. Give me football anyday!

    Back on alcohol, it's days like today I envy you greatly. I call them "hangover days".

    ReplyDelete

Do you have relevant / irrelevant things to say? I thought so. Comment!